AQUAPOPPY

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

ENERGY BARS

1 cup of each of the following

* sliced nuts of choice
* rolled oats
* shredded unsweetened coconut
* sesame seeds
* wheat germ

TOAST evenly for 5-6 minutes 350 oven.
I put parchment paper on bottom and then when it comes out of the oven
I pick up the sides of the paper and pour it into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Bring to a boil on medium heat

* 3/4 cup light corn syrup (I used organic)
* 1/2 raw honey
* 1/2 cup agava

ADD

* orange zest (I have dried orange zest)
* 1 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
* 3 T dried milk (I used coconut milk)

PUT back on stove and stir and let boil. Then pour over dry ingredients
PUT ingredients on pan with parchment and put parchment over the top and
use rolling pin to roll out to thickness desired.
Let COOL for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
ENJOY!!!

I will be sending some in the mail for you to try. We quite like it. It is all natural!

1 comment: